"For us let it be enough to know ourselves to be in the place where God wants us, and carry on our work, even though it be no more than the work of an ant, infinitesimally small, and with unforeseeable results."
-- Abbé Monchanin

Sunday, May 04, 2008

I Can Identify With This


A few years ago I spent a few weeks filling the pulpit for a friend while he was away studying. There was a young lady in the congregation who had Downs Syndrome. One morning before the service she came to me and said, "I really like your messages. They put me to sleep."

I guess at least one person got something worthwhile from my efforts.

(Cartoon from Church Mice.)

1 comment:

Me said...

I had a preaching prof that suggested that when choosing a fill-in that you get someone that is either not available to replace you full-time or someone that they wouldn't want to replace you with!

Bet you're not nearly as bad as you think!

Howie