"For us let it be enough to know ourselves to be in the place where God wants us, and carry on our work, even though it be no more than the work of an ant, infinitesimally small, and with unforeseeable results."
-- Abbé Monchanin

Sunday, March 25, 2007

I Found a Song


I found the words to a medley I liked from the '70's. It's parts of three songs. I've put the words here without the repeats, since it's just the message I'm interested in at the moment. (Give thanks this is not a podcast, so you don't have to endure the sad sounds I make when I try to sing and play guitar!)


Lord, I'm lost inside,
and don't know where I'm goin'.
I'm twisted and tied in masking tape,
trying to hide my mistakes.
before the tears start flowin'.

And right now I don't know what to do.
And though I keep turnin' to you,
Still I'm not knowin'.
What? Who? When?
or Why?
or How?
And Lord your love's not showin' right now.

Did you ever feel lonely,
though you knew you weren't alone?
And it hurt somewhere inside you,
and your song became a groan?

Lord, you said you'd be with me,
and I take you at your word.
But right now I need a touch
and a voice that can be heard.


Reach out and touch
somebody's hand.
Make this world a better place,
if you can.

His touch, his kindly touch,
Can rustle treetops,
Scatter raindrops,
Ease the suff'ring on all the earth.

O use me,
Use me, Lord,
As your eyes to see the need,
Your hands the poor to feed,
Your voice the truth to sing.

No comments: