"For us let it be enough to know ourselves to be in the place where God wants us, and carry on our work, even though it be no more than the work of an ant, infinitesimally small, and with unforeseeable results."
-- Abbé Monchanin

Monday, March 19, 2007

One Fool or Two?


Two motorists coming from opposite directions met at a single lane bridge.

"Back up so I can cross," one motorist called out to the other.

"No, you back up so I can cross," replied the other.

"I won't back up! You back up," responded the first motorist.

"Never! You back up first," retorted the second motorist.

This argument continued for some time until one motorist exclaimed, "I don't back up for fools!"

"I do," said the other motorist, and backed up. Both motorists then were able to cross the bridge.


Do not repay anyone evil for evil. . . . Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
-- Romans 12:17a, 21 NIV

No comments: